Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Smart Way To Knock On The Temple Door...


Taos Pueblo, New Mexico
i wrote a poem about this place in my book, "Pagosa Speaks"
photo by coach

***


Since i basically "rolled the boulder over the WF Cave" by moving DL to a subscription format
i must say,
i am impressed by the Special Warriors that have Sensed i am throwing down and that NOW is the
time to either Step UP
and either become an Online Student of WF
or
at LEAST join as a Subscriber to DIRECT LINES.

So, from the resultant relative cascade of Applications for Online Studentship
that comes through,
i must give the nod to potential Online Student Tom H who wrote this to me a couple of days after
submitting his Application to Study:

*
"I remember first reading desert solitaire from Ed Abbey way back in 1989, shortly after he died....and I remember his opening poem:

'Give me silence water hope
Give me struggle iron volcanoes...
 
The path is the way.'"




Now, this shows me several things about Tom H:
1) he has read DL for several years and thus knows that Ed Abbey is spiritual forefather of our Tribe
2) he comes from the Space that says to me as his potential Teacher, "I'm ready to crawl, bleeding through the sage, to Study Under You,
3) I Get It...Accept Me Now.
4) Tom knows that i know by Direct Experience over many years the intensity of the desert's elemental power and allure. He knows that i know by Direct Experience that her intense heat and thunder storms, rock tossed mountains, vast labyrinth-like canyons are at the center of my heart...he knows that i know the American Southwest and has used the Chi Force of another potent Author to give power to his Knock upon my Humble, yet Highly Sought After Temple Doors...

Chances are likely that i like the Way that Tom has Knocked...

If i accept him,
pray for him...

for you know damn well,
i will Test his Spirit
behind his Knock...

fierce love, perhaps the last on Turtle Island and a Love that Abbey himself would smile upon...

namaste,
coach ilg


* that second photo, taken by WF Teacher Joseph "Haku" Sheader of his son, Kerry in the Escalante region of the Southwest, touches my soul...it speaks soundly of the human/geologic yoga that seems so difficult to bridge in many areas of modern day Turtle Island, yet is still so preciously accessible here in the Southwest.