Saturday, June 24, 2006

Coach's Three Refuge Prayer For Those Of Us With Tight Hips



I offer prayers each morning to the Three Refuges: The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha.
I have been doing this for the past 20 or so years. i do this Ritual
in Respect of the Spiritual Warriorism demonstrated by perhaps the greatest athlete of all time;
Prince Siddhartha whom would later become the fittest multidisciplined yogi on the planet during His time,
then had the unbelievable balls to do what no other human being has had the fitness or the inner bravery to ever do since:
just sit upon the ground,
legs folded in Full Lotus,
spine straight,
and
vow:
"I shall not arise from this position, nor fidget my mind nor body, until I have Realized the Nature of All Things."

it's easy to quote other poet's words,
it's easy to open a bible and mechanically recite handed down prayers...

to me,
however,
genuine poetry is that which spills forth from your own heart recollected from sweat and stillness

to me,
however,
genuine prayer is that which releases itself with your own words, from your own Beingness and is pelted out into the UniVerse as a cry for That Which Urges Us Closer Toward Enlightenment...

here then,
is my personal Prayer of Three Refuges For Those Of Us With Tight Hips and Painful Lower Backs...
which was inspired when i was paralyzed and could not walk, let alone sit in a yogi squat and pray...

{SEE COACH'S PRAYER ON SUBSCRIBER ONLY: DIRECT LINES; Daily Meditations From Coach Ilg}