Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Of Being Alone; of catapulting Isness and a Mourning Dove feather

{SELECTED EXCERPTS FROM TODAY'S DL..
SUBSCRIBE NOW! Today's Entry alone is worth it!
EXCLUSIVE EXTREME SPORT AND FITNESS PHILOSOPHY POETRY, PROGRAMS, AND TEACHINGS
ARE FLOWING NON-STOP OVER AT DIRECT LINES: Daily Meditations From Coach Ilg}

EXCERPT #1:


my Teachers Shift me hardest when i am alone.

i have spent much of my life living alone and am nearly painfully thankful for it!

did you know that the word; "alone' is a contractive form of 'All One'?

in case you have not taken notice...the very NOTION of the CONCEPT of actually BEING ALONE literally scares the 'be-Jesus' out of modern men and women. it is as if the very NOTION of actually BEING ALONE is viewed as a penalty. as some sort of sin for a chiefly humanistic error, a penance for having a personality or cosmetic flaw that deviates from the accepted "coolness factor" to attract and behold(ing) a partner.


***


EXCERPT #2:


nowadays, when i find myself alone for consecutive days
it is a Treasure for my Soul...

a predictable tense of Mind Vayu responds to a flick of an etheral switch from the Divine Plane
and suddenly, alone, i am instantly immersed in Teachings Everywhere
Calmness Everywhere,
Inspiration Everywhere,
Captivating if not Catapulting ISNESS
leaps and dances among the windsong,
birdsong,
breathsong,
pulsesong...

EXCERPT #3:

.... i cannot wait until Age 75
when my own Spiritual Teachers allow me to leave my
slugfest of protecting and teaching the Dharma to
"modern" society behind
and i can take these years with you...
my Sangha
within
and unleash with spiritual intent and world class velocity the amplitude of my
accumulated Practice and Experience
just
for
me.

not you.

not my biologic parents.

not my dead Wolf.

not even Ananda.

just me.

that is what Age 75 will bring me...a spiritual deliverance unto mySelf
as i have come to Know Thyself...and
with a bit of Luck; Enlightenment.

***
EXCERPT #4:

lying in a hammock on Red Fox Deck
i fall into an all too seductive call for silence under
under the whispering sublimity of waving aspens and twinkling ponderosa needles
beneath Father Sky... my mind calls forth a quote a yoga student delivered to me,
"In royal solitude you walk the universe."*
my mind eases into this graceful walk albeit upon limbs still shaky from an earlier visit to
the Iron Temple**...

***
EXCERPT #5:


...from her flutter
descended a tiny feather...

right toward...me.

instantly, of course,
i took this as a High, Auspicious Sign...
that was no Dove,
i thought to myself,
that was a Lama, a Deity, a Guru, a Guardian from Above...
in that feather,
so exquisitely backlit from Grandfather Sun,
now dancing toward me just meters away...
was surely a Sign that this feather was meant for my puja table and
perhaps carried Deep Medicine for me and my Tribe of Faithful WF Warriors!


***
FINAL EXCERPT:

"Let us dig our gardens and not be elsewhere;
Let us take long walks in the open air...
Let us bathe in the rivers and lakes...
Let us indulge in games...
Let us be more simple:
simple and true in our gestures,
in our words,
and simple and true in our minds above all.
Let us be ourselves." ***

i bow to all of you who are not afraid,
yet cherish,
being all(one).
love to all,
Dharma Blessings from beneath the Sacred Peak,

coach

ps; Part II of "Perpetuation of Rationalization" coming soon!


*** Robert Linssen