Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Inside Catastrophe Lies Much Go(o)d


Coach Ilg,

During my month off training, I started rereading your Wholistic Fitness book from the beginning. I realized that if I start the Green Tara again I might start with a foundational approach. Boy....I'm surprised at how much I missed or just plain forgot. Now I see the road more clearly and the surface of the lessons I just scratched.

The most striking thing was reading about your traumatic accident. My spine felt a shudder the way you explained the accident. I tried to picture your struggle hiking out and how painful that must have been. I'm not writing this to rehash old pain or bring troubling thoughts to you, but more to express the awe I feel of your experience.

Recently I though about my own experience. When I was 18 months old I slipped into a sudden and unexplainable coma, for two weeks. My family was mortified by this experience, and coincidentally set my mother on an Eastern spiritual path. Her experience shaped my life in unimaginable ways.

I gave thought to your and my experiences in a meditation. I realized that sometime God plays a cruel joke with irony. Inside a catastrophe sometimes lies the omen that sends people on their journey. In some ways this changes my perspective in a fantastic way. If I keep a "clean house" I should trust God to send anything my way without question. I guess I'm learning to be open to what irony comes my way.

Once again, my gratitude to your spirit. Whenever I have a tough moment I keep your struggle close to me, and realize.....well this too will pass and make me stronger. Thank you again for everything, you are in my thoughts these days.
warmly,
Angola