Monday, November 17, 2008

Student Input; 'What Other Native American Path Awakens The Western Yogi's Heart Like WF?'

Today i reGift to my Precious Sangha of Multi-Disciplined Yoga,
just a smidgen of your Metta...

Dharma Blessings upon your Awareness, Sweat, and Stillness this week,

el coache


ps; just wait till you read about what i pulled off yesterday!


***





Dear Coach Ilg,
With a month to go ..I am soon to complete a 200hr teacher training course here on long island..yesterday on your blog ...discussion on the 8 limbs of yoga helped me understand what I have been studying ..due to your knack for articulation..and today our teacher spoke of "dis ease"..having read your blog for the past year i was familiar of what the class was just discovering..my classmates are knowledge hungry yogis..who want to live & share yoga daily...

with your permission..I would like to introduce you and your "site" to my classmates.. I feel many of them would benefit from your passion & devotion to living your yoga and may be future students for you..

Namaste,
Cathy..


***

El Coache,
I don't know what I'm going to do without your yoga classes though... you have a knack for motivating on such a deeper level. You are an excellent yoga teacher, and you're the best teacher at the NAYC (but you probably already know that).

- K
pro cyclist


***

Steve,
Just a pleasant reminder...that your work
has inspired me greatly.

Steve Patterson
Durham, NC

***

Steve:
I just ordered your TBT book for a lifelong friend of mine. He is a warrior spirit who like you has suffered a back injury that has forced him to stop running. He's now switched mostly to bicycling. Over the last year I have shared with him insights into WF. Most importantly he has watched my own transformation as I've re-energized/re-integrated the 5 disciplines of WF and 4 lifestyle principles internally and they have been equally reflected outward. He is one of our friends that has to this point leaned a little too much to a one-dimensional approach to his fitness/life.

He is looking for the best path to improve the quality of his life. And TBT, I know from my own experience is that path.

If its not too much to ask please send him your thoughts inside the cover of the book & again I humbly thank you for the quality/color/fullness that WF has brought to my life.

Your Friend,
Rando



***

Steve!
Thursday's PROP WORKOUT class was the most intense for me for a while. Many thanks. I especially liked what I think of as the "diving sequence" of abdominal work. Rigorous!

Andrew
Flagstaff

***

Thanks Coach ILG! You have no idea how many times your command sent my ass into gear the last 600 days! Let's stay the course...as we MUST!
rj


***


RJ and Coach Ilg,

You guys are the two-headed monsters of the CHI!

A more timely reminder to just 'Do the do' doesn't exist, just when I was beating myself up mentally this morning....

"Begin again, endlessly"

Thank you both!

Roberto I. Crespo

Pasadena Triathlon Club

www.pasadenatriclub.com


***

Pranic Junkie is amazing.

Thank You for sharing! Already through the book round #1. Meditate on it? I can make up many ways to carry out that assignment!

- JB



***

Hello Steve,
I see that Wholistic fitness has grow a big deal, congratulations! first time I saw your daily trainings was back in 1995 when a close friend of mine was one of your warriors in Mexico!

How can I get acces to your direct or indirect lines, sometimes I need "motivation" to go out and ride!

Thanks for your help

Best Regards
Alvaro Madrazo


***


hey coach,
it was good to get back into your class again recently...i will be in colorado until september, but i will definitely be in again soon (and hopefully more regularly.) i had practically forgotten what a joyous and challenging experience it is!
thanks again for your inspiration...namaste.
andrew mount



***

coach,
I appreciate your attentiveness
I first read 'Total Body Transformation' several years ago, and diligently stayed with your program for approximately 6 months. The results were great. Then I became distracted, and have done just enough to keep my system in fairly good shape for my age (69). I'm getting remotivated --- wish me luck

ben,
OK

***


Steve,

Thanks for 'Total Body Transformation'. I have a copy (hardcover) that I purchased when
it came out and is one of a few books I still carry around with me. I
use it as a reference book. This effort is what I have come to expect
from your practice. Know that I consider
you one of the best teachers out there. I have been in the business
for twenty-five years and prior to that in the medical field as a PT.
I will be 56 next month and my goal is to be as fit as you (or as
close as I can) by the time I am 60. Your work is inspiring and I
don't know any better compliment than that. Thanks again for your kindness.

Steve


***

Steve,

I returned home from a week of travel to find the HP YOGA; Basic Strength DVDawaiting my return. I celebrated with a lunch “session”. It was the best lunch all month. Thank you for imparting your warrior spirit with the personal note inside. Coach,

Many thanks for your continued exploration and sharing of the path.

Joe Tice

***


Hey Steve,
My buddies and I are registered for Mt Taylor 2009. We have been big fan of yours.
We all have your book, which we are going to follow for our odyssey, and we wanted to know if there are any specific training programs for Mt Taylor we could follow.

Thanks

Bill Garrels




***

Namaste Ananda,
I have learned so much from DL, and I am sure that it will help me through these rough times. Actually it IS helping.

Thank you and please send my gratitude to the Coach. You two do great work!

Hanna
Finland

***


Steve:

It's my pleasure & I treasure the opportunities to support your efforts.
For over the years those efforts have added to the quality of my life in more ways than I'll ever be able to express.

Talk to you soon.
RanDo


***

YAH TEH HEY my WARRIOR COACH!
after footracing with you in HopiLand and exploring your Work,
there's gotta be just one question:
'What Other Native American Path Awakens The Western Yogi's Heart Like WF?'

Heya,
FT

***