Friday, August 25, 2006

OF SUTRAS, SWEAT, and...TROPHIES?! PART II


by coach ilg, ryt/uscf/cpt

If only the Western "scientists" that came up with the word, Aerobic Training or CardioVascular Training would have been yogis!

Just think of the spiritual headway we ALL could have made by now, if "They" would have called "CardioVascular Activity" what is truly is; a form of Pranayama!

I mean, really, is it not absurd? Let's say we go out for a run. Running is a typical form of what these modern experts call, "Aerobic Activty" or "CardioVascular Activity." I don't know about YOU, however, when i lace on my running shoes and head out the door for a run along Rocky Ridge Trail, it ain't just my "Aerobic System" or worse, my "Heart-and-Veins System" that is being trained! My leg muscles are firing with millions of neural input, my brain is being nourished with a jump in oxygenation, the concussion of my joints upon Mother Earth starts secreting joint fluids and my endocrine system, my digestive system, my immunology, my ocular fitness, my sense of kinesthesia, and most obvious of all; my entire relationship with the Prana-vayus ; the currents of Life Forces within and without me are directly being trained! Why the hell must the infantile sciences of the West go and start trying to Limit the 6,000 year old science of Yoga by attempting to re-invent the Dharma Wheel?

Oh well, since They foolishly did, it is up to us Protectors of the Dharma to attempt to limit the Damage done to our Souls by such sophomoric approaches to the Wholeness Principle that has produced Enlightened Masters since before the first Scriptures of Self Development were etched into pre-historic palm fronds.

Thus begins my commentary on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras II/50-53 as gained through my Mountain Bike Race Day preparations last Saturday.

May it Help...

om so ti,
coach ilg

{DO NOT MISS COACH's UTTERLY UNIQUE COMMENTARY FEATURED EXCLUSIVELY ON DL RIGHT NOW!!!!}