Friday, October 19, 2007

WF Warrior Crespo Gets Podium at Furnace Creek 508!



"As a 508 veteran I sought you out for advice and your training plan was exactly what I needed to get not only my body but my mind in the right place to tackle what is billed as ‘The Toughest 48 Hours in Sport’…… 508 miles with 35,000 feet of climbing."

steve ilg's WHOLISTIC FITNESS; STICKING THE LIGHT WHERE IT CAN SHINE, since 1982!

Fill out YOUR Application To Study today at the Pro Shop!


***

Coach,

Just wanted the thank you for the help w/ the 508 training program you put together for me. Though I couldn't bat 1.000 in executing every workout, the ones I did I put 100% into. THe dividends paid off this weekend.

one phrase reverberated thru my head throughout, especially on the climbs..."Don't add drama, add more breath".

Our team finished 2nd in Men's 4X Relay but the FINISHING was the accomplishment. The desert winds are beautiful, a little less so when blowing in your face on a 10 mile climb :) In the middle of my climb out of Death Valley I was greeted by the crescent moon and Venus at the summit....spiritual relief for sure.

thanks again.

head bowed (with sore neck)

Roberto Crespo


READ THE DL EXCLUSIVE STORY ONLY ON DL SUBSCRIPTION FORMAT and see some GREAT PHOTOS FROM ROBERTO's FANTASTIC RACE!