Thursday, May 3, 2007

LA Diaries III - My Night Life(style) In The Big City



Well, OBVIOUSLY i spend my precious Friday Nights in LA hotlife/nightlife writing to YOU!

well, okay, maybe not ALL of my alter-ego LA ilg do i share with you.
i'm saving dat shit for my REAL MONEY MAKING BOOK after all my fitness and spiritual training books fall flat on their face!

Westerners ALWAYS go for what they have been conditioned to believe is COOL instead of realizing that the COOLEST thing is to be FULLY REALIZED!

anyway, here is a tiny peek (peak?) at a day in the LA Life of your mountain yogi...and make NO mistake! it is VITAL for mountain yogis to be able to drop into and flow with Big City Life.

why?

Vairagya, baby! one of the FUNDAMENTAL underpinnings of a yogi's life;
Non-Attachment!

precisely why my Teachers sent this ol' mountain boy into the Big City; twice! for a total (thus far) of over 12 years!

how many 'mountain folk' are WILLING to do THAT type of spiritual work?

compare that number with how many 'mountain folk' are so quick to make fun of people from LA (or NYC, or???)


Wholistic Fitness is a VERY STEEP Path; it forces you to at least LOOK AT (and at best honor) those judgments and latent conditionings that we hold so tightly, hiddenly, and falsely!

***

Yesterday i rode my bike.
a long way.
4.5 hours
65+ miles
5,000+ vertical feet of climbing.


today i gave Bodywork.
without my asking, the moment my LA Tribe knows i will be Teaching a Master Yoga Class, quickly come the emails and text messages from my very-fast-on-it LA Sangha;
"please, PLEASE schedule me for bodywork while you are in town!"
what can i say? i have smart students. they know a good Shift when they see one;
and if i get my hands (and/or feet) on them while i am in town?
they Shift!

after my final Bodywork appointment today, i...


DO NOT MISS THE REST OF THIS ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach continues his LA Diaries this weekend at DL Subscription Format