Friday, April 20, 2007

Scout



"In WF, every day is Earth Day."
- coach ilg



I heard him the day before yesterday while working in the Temple Office.
then again yesterday up at about 8,500' in Dry Lake Hills on Sunset Trail on Gunther.
haven't seen him yet. just heard him.
and it was the sound promised warmth, long days, and dancing aspen leaves riding the waves of mountain wind...

perhaps i am preaching to the already-converted, those of us whose ears never tire of hearing the pontifications of a high country spring. clicking the gears jauntily on my mountain bike and sliding through freeze/thaw mud, i realize again how very deeply i care for the mountain life. as my wheels carry me in carrousel singletrack turns through ponderosa lined creeks, i am giddy with inner wealth. in DL after DL i attempt to share my desire for the Consciously Live and Adored Fitness Life and i know wherefrom my intense desire to share comes from; here. these trails. this sky. those swirling fingers of clouds wrapped like white linens about the - my - Sacred Peak.

i mention the coming of Humingbirds to my teammate; Rob, an ornithologist at NAU...


DON'T MISS THIS SPECIAL DL...it's one of those 'special ones' from coach that just hit the heart of sincerity so potently...it reminds us of what Fitness truly means; appreciation, awareness, and simplicity...