Sunday, November 22, 2009

my Dad: the ultimate Left-Handed Tantric Master!


my amazing dad and my still-scintillating sister at 51 years-young! taken by me outside the WF Temple H(om)e, Kinlani, AZ last year.


actual cell phone conversation with my mom today:

"Hey, Mom?"
"Steve? Is that you?"
"Yeah, hey listen, Dewa has been talking nonstop about you and "Duck*" coming for Thanksgiving and she wanted to say 'hi' to you, okay?"

{insert an absolutely delicious (or revolting for the devoted single people) 5 minutes of Grandma and 2 year-old Grandchild 'conversation here}

back to steve:

"Yeah, so, i also wanted to tell you that there is no need for you guys to bring coffee, okay? We just did a 'Sam's Club' expedition and i got a killer deal on great coffee...and lots of it, okay?"

Treasured Reader:
you must realize the extent of my father's addiction to coffee and cigarettes. The dude is - without doubt - coming off his cockroach incarnation because i swear to God; this guy is incredibly resilient...he began chain smoking cigarettes, drinking any kind of alcohol and then some, along with coffee when he was 14 years-old after he blew off his left hand (that's a different story...see how he automatically hides it in his left pant pocket in the photo above? every photo of my beautiful dad is like that. i love you, Dad!).

I recall when i was about 17 years-old in Boulder, a Great Condition was laid down by my mom to my dad:
quit drinking or i swear i will leave you.
he quit...
for the most part.
And smoked and drank coffee all the more.
He works at Wal-Mart.
Has for 18 years.
Doesn't need to be at work until 7 am.
He wakes up at 2 am.
Serious.
Goes outside (my mom doesn't allow him to smoke inside) and smokes until he leaves for work at 5:30...leaving an hour and a half for a commute which takes 11 minutes.

Upon arrival in the pre-dawn Wal-Mart parking lot...he...


* - Dewa's name for GrandDad Ilg...cuz he always quacks like a duck for her.

READ THE REST ON TODAY'S DIRECT LINES AND >>>>>>>>>>

***

HOW ABOUT YOU?
HAS THE STRENGTH OF YOUR INNER PRACTICE PREPARED YOU FOR THE HIGHEST OF ALL YOGA's: FAMILY YOGA!?!???!!

i want to hear about what YOU are getting ready to deal with on the Family Yoga plane this holiday season! email me!