Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Proof of WF? Once Again, lies in the Podium; 2nd Place AG at Soulstice!



Surprised and stoked, i hold my 2nd Place AG award after returning home from the Soulstice Mountain Trail Race which featured spatterings of rain, sleet, and as you can on the Sacred Peak behind me, snow! Perfect Nordic weather for 'turning on the ilg trigger' i reckon. i finished 8th Overall. photo by Ananda.

once again, the WF Gods smiled upon ilg, perhaps granting me a m(om)ent of recognition for my attempts to maintain Practice during the steep terrain of new Fatherhood. riding up to the Start on my MTB, my legs felt queasy and i could easily hear Mr. Ego thumping on the door of my Mantra, attempting to gain a toe hold into my Race Mentality. one of the benefits of working a Blessed Mantra for so long is that Ego Thumping becomes more easily assimilated by Buddhi or Higher Mind. thus, as i steered Grunt (my MTB) up, up, up the world class singletrack of Schultz Trail, i could at times see and hear the parade of cars and SUV's thunder up the gravel road toward the Start. alone and happy in the woods, with only my breath and Mantra upon Grunt, gave me ample time to feel so appreciative for my long and varied life spent among rocky heights. the only true wealth is chi. and there is something about the WF Lifestyle that simply and effectively amps and re-amps the Chi. there is a Transmission inherent to our Jeweled, humble Path which impacts our souls far beyond words...especially from such a feeble messenger as i.

arriving at the Start, the gathered mountain runners were huddled together like sheep from a roaring wind and near freezing cold. into the forest, behind a stump i took my own shelter, changing from my sweaty thermal cycling clothes into dry running clothes...


READ THE WHOLE RACE REPORT ON TODAY'S DIRECT LINES!!!

THE PATH WORKS,
WHEN YOU WORK THE PATH!
- coach ilg