Thursday, July 31, 2008

Off To The (Mountain) Races!







i took this shot of the summit area of Sandia Peak, 10,678', a few years ago while snowshoe training. come with me this Sunday as i footrace up this giant of the southwest!




in my continuing buildup toward attempting to survive the Imogene Pass Race this
September,
it stokes my agni and sparks my kundalini to announce that i am taking my
"Can Do Clan" back to my old h(om)eland of the Rio Grande; Albuquerque, New Mexico to
race in what Trail Runner Magazine named as,
"One of the Top 12 Most Grueling Trail Races"...
the
infamous:


La Luz Trail Run




to give you an idea of how steep this race straight up the face of Sandia Peak is,
take a looky see here;



and the winner in my Age Group last year ran the 9 mile race to the summit crossing 6 climate zones in average pace of only: 11:30 minute per mile, crossing the 10,678' Finish Line in 1:43!

oh yeah, this is gonna work.

this is TWICE the race distance i've run this summer plus it's ALL UPHILL!

upside: i have won the Sandia HillClimb in my Age Group on a road bike.
downside: that doesn't mean shit for a running race.


stay tuned to DL ... i'll bring my computer with me and do my best to update DL Subscribers as soon as i can!

send some CHI my way on Sunday morning, okay?

most of all, i really, really pray that this New Daddy just getting to the Start Line of such incredible races upon whose soil has sweated a Who's Who of endurance athletes, is enough for YOU to keep your Practice strong and sincere...that is what matters most to this coach who still does the do...broken back and all; Sandia Peak...here ilg comes!!

enjoy the DL Archives and the WF SanghaLounge until i see you again right here!

GO WF WARRIORS!!!!!!
YOGA IS EVERYWHERE!!!

hasta la taco,

ec