Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hopi Footracing; Series Continues



The root of all phenomena is your mind.
If unexamined, it rushes after experiences, ingenious in the games of deception.
If you look right into it, it is free of any ground or origin,
In essence free of any coming, staying or going.
JAMYANG KHYENTSE CHÖKYI LODRÖ




photo by Bill Benzel. coach chasing down Hopi Runner Micah nearing the Finish Line of the Homolovi Suvoyuki Traditional Hopi 10k Footrace...

my story continues...


"Listen, Mother Earth," i hear in my head, "I am dancing upon you!"
"Listen, Father Sky," again comes the Voice, "I am dancing beneath you!"

it was then, suffering up that sandy arroyo, that Ishvara-Pradnidhana - the yogic tenet of Surrendering To The Divine - rippled across my consciousness and i relaxed.

i relaxed into the sand,
into the rising sun,
into my burning, broken back pain...

when the Hopis first settled here around 1260 AD, their oral tradition says that they refer to this period as "the gathering of clans." as i ran across their sparse mesa terrain this morning, the notion settled upon my spirit like a swallow-tail butterly sitting softly on my shoulder,
"...that's what WF is...a gathering of clans..."


{the above is an excerpt from today's chapter on my HOPI FOOTRACING last weekend...DON'T MISS THIS BEAUTIFUL, POWERFUL SERIES...SUBSCRIBE TO DL TODAY AND GET TAPPED INTO THE TRIBAL CHI!}


May your Practice be strong, and..
as the Hopi Runners say,

"If you are lucky enough to be a runner,
you're lucky enough."