Saturday, March 29, 2008

First Club Ride of 2008



Does doing THIS all winter...



















help









DO THIS?!?!

















uhhh...

after today and the last few decades?
i KNOW so!


check it out:





***




Oh,
ain't nothin' says "MARCH" in Flagstaff
like pedaling your road bike (MTB Trails still socked in snow)
into a screamin' headwind* that's this close to tearin' off
your socks, shoes, helmets, and gonads...

left Two Tree Manor this morning on my road bike
for my first Club Ride of the season.
my mind had painted a picture
-more exquisite than the finest Michelangelo -
of riding along, well sheltered from the wind and cold
in the whirring mass of a huge
peleton of happy-that-spring-is-here cyclists...

the outdoor thermometer stared blankly back at me
as i took a sip of pre-ride coffee to hasten my bowel movement
(gotta be empty to ride fast)...
it read;
34 degrees.
nearly April; 34 degrees at 8:45 am.
aaargh.


as if i've never meditated in my life,
my ego ran unchecked;



READ THE WHOLE DHARMASTORY ON TODAY's DL:

INSPIRATION FOR YOU TO GET OUT AND DO THE DO
FROM THE COACH WHO STILL SUFFERS IN ALL THE DISCIPLINES
FOR YOU!!!