Friday, April 16, 2010

sweet Sayanora to a Spectacular Snow Season...tears from a skier (still) inspired...





this entry is one of those very special ones that you certainly do NOT want to miss...








parking lot; Durango Mountain Resort...all-ways known to me as 'Purg' or Purgatory...my chi-ldhood temple of skiing. taken today after bringing to a close my 53 days of skiing this year which included an unprecedented 7 podiums in 7 starts. ilg rather doubts i'll ever be able to duplicate my 2010 winter season. as a New Daddy, my victories will now become more and more internal and vicariously lived through the expression of Chi through Dewachen. and that's quite awlright by me.




come...i'll take you skiing with me today as i tearfully re-visted and re-ripped through the splendor of my most cherished Temple of them all...where WF got her roots..."up at the area"...Purgatory, "A Helluva Place To Ski"...

above photo...click to enlarge;
taken from the 'Upper Hades' Start Gate. can't tell you how many times i nearly pissed my Spyder racing suit as i punched my ski poles into the Launch Pad of this Start House before GS and Super G races back in the day. click on these photos to get a grip on the inherent chi. if it wasn't for WF, which forces us to target our weaknesses instead of our strengths? i swear i coulda won Gold at the Olympics in either the Giant Slalom or Super G. there is in an inborn tendency (klesha...see this weeks' DL Teachings) of mine; ilg can ski downhill fast and as if Guided From Above. the key to fast skiing is the same as in asana; Learn To Let Go. what fun! i can't wait to share these Precious Slopes with Dewa and Joy in the winters which lie ahead.