Monday, December 10, 2007

The Sweaty Filled Art of Awakening; plus, Too Much "SurvivorMan"



InSights from yesterday's SnowShoe Workout on "Secret Mesa" (it's really not called "Secret Mesa"...i just like calling stuff "Secret"...always have:


In order to increase the potentiality for spiritual awakening, the wise aspirant regularly seeks austere and ego-humbling exercise, preferably in remote mountain arenas and without the distractions of others or the comforts of too much technology. Sweat and solitude are necessary agents for the surrender of ego, the disciplining of the senses, the heightening of gratitude for a Human incarnation, and the exhaustion of the karmas. It is not that Awakening is easy; far from it. One must...


READ MY ENTIRE TEACHING ON DIRECT LINES: Subscription Format!
The Absolutely Best Inner Spark For Your Transpersonal Fitness Efforts!





#2) Grandfather Jack Rabbit (center in photo). i have GOT to stop watching "SURVIVORMAN"...still intact after all these years away from my extreme mountaineering days, as i was shoeing up this technical, entangled slope i keep seeing Big Cat tracks in the snow. my feeble Mind started playing games with me; feeling mountain lion perched in all the big snags and ponderosas above and near me. more tracks = more mind games. i was alone; i was vulnerable. my ego wanted to turn around. my Heart wanted the summit. better to die in the fangs of a Mountain Cat than turn around like a sheep and run home. my Sixth Sense, however, was reaching a crescendo; my skin flushed and my sushumna became icy as if in the First Entry of the Bardo...i KNEW a puma, a mountain lion, a mountain cat was staring me down...but WHERE? Just then, to my left as i stepped my snowshoe over another fallen tree...


READ WHAT HAPPENED ON DIRECT LINES SUBSCRIPTION FORMAT!! CLASSIC!!!