Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Way Higher Goes Through (not around) the Hips


A private student experiencing genuine hip opening under the lovingly fierce feet of coach ilg in the WF Temple Zendo. photo by Ananda



STUDENT:
Dear Coach,
In the process of pairing down various aspects of my life, I'm jettisoning my endurance-centric focus and am going back to the basics: breath, posture and more specifically, my hips.



COACH:
the Way Higher (upper chakral fields) leads through the Hips (lower chakral fields).
glad to hear that your Journey of Awakening through WF is making it clear that your Next Step Higher is a dive deeper into your Hips. Many warriors shy away from this formidable headwall along the Steep and Direct Path of Transformation.


STUDENT:
Apparently, my lack of hip flexibility is what is holding me back from various inversions and hand/head balancing asanas in yoga. It is also a major challenge in my return to martial arts (more on that later).


COACH:
get ready for Anger, Pain, Sadness, and Attachment issues to be danced with, honored, and conquered as you commit to your opening of thy hips.



STUDENT:
What I want to do is focus my energies on improving my hip flexibility over the next two years with a very intensive jump start from 9/1-9/30.

COACH:
Young Warrior,
i have Taught you; No Spikes On The Graph.
do not repeat the your Pattern of "very intensive jump starts" which soon deflate in the face of daily life. integrate your hip opening efforts wisely with...



MISS THIS DL TEACHING AND BE STUCK WITH YOUR STAGNANT HIP ENERGY!
oh c'mon Warrior!
don't push away your best PATHWAY HIGHER: subscribe to DL and get WHOLISTICALLY FIT
straight from the Coach's Wisdom!