Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why So EARLY?! New Student Complains About Brahmamuhurta


"The Lotus Folded Feet of a Teacher in the Amitabha Lineage must belong to a humble, confident yogi capable of a wide variety of physical and intellectual fitness. This yogin must prepare him or herself in order to be able to not only Teach yet Transmit that which is spiritually helpful to the masses relative to the Teachers' era. Experienced Arising during Brahmamuhurti is a pre-requisite of such a Teacher."

Especially after competitions like Mt. Taylor, as i fold my feet into the Meditation Posture during the cold slap of each morning in my Zendo (see above photo), i have to force myself to willingly accept my Tradition of Teaching and Protecting the Dharma. Perhaps like your own occupation, it is a rough, narrow, and exhausting Path to try to make a living from...especially with a Baby On The Way. Perhaps like you, i have to force my mind to recall that Initial Moment of Passion and the Repeated Moments of Passionate Affirmation that brought me to the revolving doors of my Chosen Path In The Outer Directed World.

Still,
i do my best each early morning because i know that each of YOU are doing YOUR best to answer the Early Wake Up Call at your own Level of Willingness, Temperament, and Capacity.

Free Spirits Have To Soar By Searching Their Minds For Their Highest Calling...

i bow to your Free Spirit,
your loving coach

***
Dear Coach,
okay, i know you warn everybody about how "Steep and Direct" of a Path this is and that nearly everyone who studies it formally or tries to Teach it quits. i get it now. your Assigned Teaching to me about Arising During Brahmamuhurta has put the Big Hurta on this feeble student! Can you share with me again, Oh Noble Lotus Footed Coach Who Kicks Ass In Endurance Sports Like No Other Yoga Teacher On The Planet, the philosophy of this Assignment?

Love and tight hips,
Online Yet Not InLine Student HK




Most Noble and Cherished One So Ripe For Awakening HK,
of course. let me allow you the Words of a wonderful Teacher who Taught it to me...

read Coach's answer by SUBSCRIBING TO DL and get this utterly unique type of ongoing, ever pointed inward counsel from Coach Ilg,
The Coach Who Still Does...